Whether it be a Zoom happy hour with colleagues or a family meal over Facetime, by now, many of us have either experienced something virtually that otherwise would’ve been an in-person event. However, when it comes to attending a virtual conference, that might feel a bit more like unfamiliar territory.
With MailCon Virtual Experience 2021 fast approaching, we thought it would be best to take a closer look at what attendees can expect and ultimately provide ways to make the virtual conference as engaging and beneficial as possible.
Pros of Experiencing a Virtual Conference
While the absence of an in-person event can often seem like a setback to some digital marketers, we were up for the challenge and created an interactive and content-filled agenda. With virtual 1-to-1 networking, over 45 expert speakers, engaging activities, and our conference community, attendees and sponsors will have ample opportunities to connect and engage.
From Email Marketing Trivia to MailCon’s edition of the game “Logos,” the opportunities for fun are endless. Since Las Vegas’s backdrop is only in the form of a green screen at this year’s virtual experience, our sponsors went above and beyond to ensure the gift-giving felt as real as the attendee bags at past conferences. In addition to the variety of sponsor-offers to choose from, MailCon is giving away $5,000 in prizes to the winners of games and trivia.
Attendees can join the Virtual Wine Tasting with wine shipped directly to their door. Like a networking Happy Hour, the virtual Wine Tasting is a fun way to connect and learn something new.
A Few Tips
- Take a Brain-Break: Virtual Zumba, meditation, and deep breathing sessions are sure to serve as great relaxation techniques throughout your busy conference experience. Not only will these scheduled-in breaks help with your physical and mental health, but they will ultimately allow you to better focus on the content at hand and, therefore, lead to more productive time spent!
- Get Familiar With the Tech Tools: Attendees should be sure to download the MailCon App for messaging and networking or access the MailCon Community on their desktops. This custom and intuitive interface will allow attendees to easily access their schedule and maximize engagement with other attendees, speakers, and sponsors.
- Take Notes: To prevent a digital overload for your brain, organize exactly how you will be tuning in. If you’re attending a speaker session, take notes with a pen and paper and use the mobile app to keep up with sponsor messages and network simultaneously. Using an old-school notetaking method will serve as a buffer for what you’re processing digitally, so things aren’t mixed up. Dedicating your devices to certain aspects of the digital experience will make things feel far less overwhelming as well.
- Schedule in the Fun: If the $5,000 in special prizes mentioned above wasn’t enough of an incentive, be sure to take the time to participate in some of the “extracurricular” activities being offered at the virtual experience. Not only are they a great way to win a few extra rewards, but they serve as a great icebreaker for fellow attendees and sponsors.
- Engage on Your Own Time: No more rushing from room to room to try to see different speakers – Brella, the world’s leading virtual event platform, will make connecting with attendees and meeting-arranging effortless. The on-demand sessions you’ll access through our agenda or Mobile App will also allow you to engage on your own time. Sharing your key takeaways on social media is also encouraged and a great way to engage with fellow attendees.
With these tips, a little flexibility, and a whole lot of fun, this year’s MailCon experience is a recipe for success, and we can’t wait to see you there – virtually!